MbYAS 2017 Day wise Content
- MbYAS 2017 Welcome DayMonths of arduous planning and efforts culminated in the Grand Finale which was the Meherabad Young Adult Sahavas 2017. To see His lovers pouring in from far and beyond to be in their Beloved’s company was a divine experience. And what better to see His love for His lovers pouring in abundance as rains welcomed the Sahavasees. Right from Tilak, distribution of ID cards, and essential Sahavas goodies, Sahavasees were overwhelmed by the atmosphere in Hostel C, the place to be for the next 7 days. The theme of MbYAS 2017 - Power of His Name resonated in everyone’s heart. After the welcome by bhajan mandali with chants of Hari Parmatma Allah Ahurmazda God Yezdan Hu, sahavasees were oriented about Meherabad and MbYAS rules. This was followed by a beautiful session of garland making for Beloved Baba as a ‘Thank You Baba’ gesture. Garland making along with the bhajans was a sight to behold. The sahavasees walked up to Samadhi with the garland and offered it to Beloved Baba during the prayers. After prayers, it was time for the first of many meals together in C Hostel. This was followed by Dhuni and prayers. The first day culminated with Bhajans and a special Kathak performance by Utkarsha and Kalyani, both Baba lovers . All in all, the rains and the bhajans welcomed the sahavasees in the divine world of His intimate company. Before anyone could even know, it was time for the Sahavsees to retire into their respective bays and that’s how Day 1 of MbYAS 2017 came to an end !
- MbYAS 2017 Second DayFirst morning, surely you'll would had been amazed with Yohann's Announcement and probably shall be missing. We started our day with Flag hosting and still the Jai Jai kaar of Meher Baba is still echoing in our eyes. What a mesmerizing sight it was - unfurling Baba's flag with His Jai Jai kaar by His Beloved Ones ! Followed by bhajan and Meher dhun that charged up each individual present from Sahavasee to Chairman, Trustees and Residents. We are grateful to them for joining us. The next half session of morning was important to each person who comes to Meherabad for pilgrimage -"Meherabad Orientation". The session was conducted by Meherabad Residents - Amrit Irani and Heather Nadel. They explained various aspects of "how a pilgrim should be during his/her pilgrimage". Surely each of us would adhere it. And it was followed by a group activity which our dear Mrs. Dilemeher conducted. A wonderful activity wherein we learnt and exchanged lot of thoughts. The activity concluded with groups sharing "What is Sahavas?" and "Expectations from Sahavas". Post lunch we were free enough to choose our workshop and attend. We had different workshops such as Manadala Making, Lippan Art, English Music, Hindi Music, Song writing, Rangoli and Photography. Each one was happily indulged in their respective worskshops. Tea was then served in MPC followed by a Musical Concert by James Newell and group. A sheer musical treat ! We have had been hearing and singing James's song but see him live performing with his group was a magical delight. We ceased our day with beautiful Baba movie in Theater A. And thereafter it was time to retire with Beloved Baba in His arms. In Beloved Meher Baba's Love and Service
- MbYAS 2017 Third DayDay 3, the day to learn and know more about our Beloved Meher Baba. It was a day of learning and knowing more about Meher Baba through different ways such as Baba Talks, Group Discussions and Quiz. We started out day as asusual with singing for Beloved Baba and praising Him. We then had an astounding speech by Dr. Ajit Soni from Navasari. He is son of Bachubhai Soni, who was a very old ardent Baba Lover. The fisrt hald afternoon session was same - we all headed towards our respective workshops location and began with our workshops. Followed by tea at MPC. The second part of afternoon session was very important - Group Discussions. Sahavasees were divided into 9 groups which were facilitated by Senior Baba Lovers. The topics for Groups Discussions and their facilitator are : 1) Love and Divine Love - Dilmeher Bharucha Bhola 2) Beloved Baba's Mandali - Dr. Anne 3) Beloved Baba's Mandali - Bob Street 4) Beloved Baba's Madali - Amrit Irani 5) Mastery in Servitude - Dr. Ajit Soni 6) Power of His name with reference to His Advent - Dr.Gokaran Srivastava 7) Let the Life go on with His Power - Dr.Urmila Srivastava 8) Bringing Baba in Your Daily Life - Bif Soper 9) Beloved Baba's MAst - Caran St.John We are much grateful to all our facilitators for sharing Baba information and stories. And the night session - the most exciting part of Sahavas - Quiz. Again, Sahavasees are divided into groups based on their bands. The rules are only set by the Quiz Master and can change at any point of time as per his mood just for fun. This is the most lively and exciting session. Quiz based only and only on Baba' Life. We play for no win no loose. Just to know more about Baba. In order to keep encouraging Sahavasees, small gifts are given to the ones who gives correct answer. And we tired we a lot more of information about Meher Baba. In Beloved Meher Baba's Love and Service
- MbYAS 2017 Fourth DayThey are right when they say "Time flies when you are enjoying yourself". Before we could even understand, we reached halfway through our Sahavas journey. And as befitting it could be, today was the day when we were to realize the motto of our Beloved's teachings 'Mastery in Servitude' through the Service Projects. First off, the morning meeting was uplifted by another rendition of God's Names set in tune by the Sahavasees. This was followed by allotment and team meeting for the various service projects in Upper And Lower Meherabad listed as follows (along with their curators): 1) Men Mandali Graves cleaning, polishing stones and marble-Ted Judson 2) Mast tomb whitewash -Ted Judson 3) Samadhi path stone painting -Yohann Noble 4) White wash, Mandali Hall outside -Steve 5)White was, Dr. Donkins Dispensary - Steve 6) Museum cleaning - Janki 7) Women Shrines - Janki 8) Tree plantation-Ramesh Jangle 9) Theater cleaning and stacking equipments - Kitty Muir The Service Projects instill a sense of responsibility in us and make us understand the significance of Meherabad and the importance of the spiritual work done by Meher Baba in this Blessed spot. Post lunch, Sahavasees spend time with their respective groups to prepare for the group presentations in the evening. It was just beautiful to see the young Sahavasees presenting their part so enthusiastically. It was a visual and intellectual feast! As it turns out, this momentum was maintained in the evening by our very own Dr. DilMeher Bharucha who took us to a world of Baba messages and stories. It was Baba's love that flowed from her words into the hearts of Sahavasees and each one of them saw Baba, His working with the Mandali and His love for His lovers. The day ended with every Sahavasee intoxicated with the Divine wine of Beloved Baba's love. In Beloved Baba's Love and Service
- MbYAS 2017 Fifth DayToday was one of the most awaited days of the entire Sahavas journey and it surely was worth the wait! The day of visit to Gorakshnath Temple atop a quiet hill near Beloved Baba's Home Meherazad. Two buses bustling with Baba music and energy headed off to the shrine. Good things in life don't come easy and it was truly felt by everyone as the 4km long uphil trek turned out to be quite exhaustive. However, it was then that everyone realized the Power of His Name and mere taking His name and singing Bhajans enabled all His lovers to scale the Hill. And it was surreal to see the world from atop the hill with Meherazad in clear view. Upon darshan, Bif Soper spoke to the sahavasees about the spiritual significance of this place. As it turns out, Baba would come to the shrine of this Perfect Master along with His woman mandali. The intensity of the Spiritual energy of the place was felt by everyone alike. A simple lunch was arranged for everyone in the midst of nature and the whistling trees. Returning back, all sahavasees were engaged in preparations for the gala evening: Meher Embrace, the Music Night. As Baba would want it, the sahavasees came up with yet another dhun for God's seven names. And all in an hour's effort as guided by James Neville Ph.D. and Ted Judson. The show put up by everyone for everyone was enchanting with sahavases' scintillating performances that echoed through entire Meherabad. Loud slogans and shouts for His name drowned the ever buzzing noise of our musings and problems and all that remained was a deafening silence. Silence of the minds and all that spoke were the Hearts brimming with His love. In Beloved Baba's Love and Service
- MbYAS 2017 Sixth DayAfter an overwhelming evening of music and splendor and celebration of Beloved's love, today was the day to experience His loving presence at no other place than Meherazad, the abode of Beloved Meher Baba. But this visit to Meherazad was a different one as for the first time Sahavsees walked on the approach road to Meherazad singing the seven names of God with a prayer for the ongoing issue of Private Approach Road. The sound of these chants created a divine atmosphere. And what was even more enchanting was to see the villagers, kids and even animals alongside the path joining us in remembering God. It was a sight to behold; like the entire creation on a pilgrimage in a majestic caravan. After visiting the seclusion hill and taking a tour of Meherazad, sahavsees sat down in the Mandali Hall, the room that speaks of His Divine presence till date. They sang their heart out and the surroundings reverberated with the sounds of His name. Post lunch, sahavsees visited the AMBPPCT office, the erstwhile Khushrau Quarters where Mehernath Kalchuri and Raj Kalchuri shared the significance of the Ahmednagar Centre and Trust Office and their life with Baba and His most intimate Mandali, Bhau Kalchuri. The evening of Day 6 comprised of the most solemn moment of MbYAS which is the experience sharing session. Candles, flowers and Rangoli beautified the Mandali Hall premises. The sahavsees cried their hearts out and each eye was moist for it was the moment everyone dreaded was near, the moment of separation with the Beloved. But we depart only to come close and the eternal living Beloved Meher Baba is ever livint in our hearts. With this thought, the sahavsees returned to their bays to spend one last night together with their Beloved and welcome the last day of MbYAS 2017. In Beloved Baba's Love and Service.
- MbYAS 2017 Day 7Day 7 "Hari Parmatma Allah Ahurmazda God Yazdan Hu" Time flies when you are enjoying yourself. And this is absolutely true for Meherabad Young Adult Sahavas. Each year, young adults come to sahavas to be in Beloved Baba's most intimate company. And these seven days turn out to be one of the most blissful experiences of their life. The last day of MbYAS 2017 starting with an interactive session of the sahavsees with the Trustees of AMBPPC Trust. Along with answering queries of sahavsees and sharing their experiences as trustees of His trust they also felicitated all workers, chefs and staff who were the backbone of MbYAS 2017 and ensured Sahavsees had their most beautiful moments. This was followed by the grand finale of MBYAS: Last darshan and chanting of seven names of God under the teen shade in front of His Gaadi where the women Mandali used to recite seven names of God. This event was quite significant as sahavsees drowned in His love meditating and singing of His glory. The atmosphere of the Samadhi Hill was charged with the sweet scent of His name and each Sahavsee felt divine bliss. Tears rolled down the faces as Sahavsees bid one other goodbye with promises to return and rejoice in His love. Everyone received Prasad gifts and wood pieces from Baba's pumpkin house as a token of love. The hearts of the sahavsees were brimming with love and the feeling was extraordinary. After an overwhelming session and final darshan, sahavsees proceeded to have their lunch together one last time as they departed to their homes and monotonous routines of their humdrum life. They carried beloved Baba in their hearts and this most intimate Sahavas as a gift from their Beloved Lord which will be an experience to cherish lifelong ! In Beloved Baba's Love and Service