MbYAS 2016 Day wise Content
- MbYAS 2016 Welcome Day31st July 2016. The first day of MbYAS 2016 i.e. The Welcome Day ! Since its first edition in 2001, Sahavas is eagerly awaited every year by young Baba lovers because it gives them an opportunity to be with their Beloved for seven whole days !! And just like every time, this Sahavas also started with the Tilak ceremony post lunch. Songs and bhajans had already begun to energize the participants as registrations took place and sahavas goodies such as t-shirts, schedule etc were distributed. Following tilak and registration, we had tea and went up the hill for evening arti. After evening arti and dinner, everyone gathered at cricket ground for Dhuni. Dhuni was lit and Alan read out the Dhuni prayer. Following Dhuni, everyone assembled in Hostel C meeting bay for a fun filled introduction session. This was a befitting end to the first day of MBYAS 2016. Please enjoy the MbYAS 2016 Welcome day Pictures.
- MbYAS 2016 Day 2Second day of the sahavas started with the Baba flag hosting. We all gathered outside Hostel C after morning arti and breakfast, Yohaan with other volunteers set the flag for hosting. Meherabad residents Jal Dastoor, Dolly Dastoor, Heather Nadel and Ramesh Jangle with special guest Dr. Narendra Prasad were present there for Flag hosting ceremony. Sahi, Asish with Ajit sang Baba bhajans during the hosting ceremony also with Dolly aunty requests Meher Kale sang "Welcome to My World" . Afterwards Dr. Narendra Prasad gave a presentation on Baba's New life, revealing the intrinsic details and research he did related with Baba's New Life. Then we all boarded the buses for Meherazad. Every year we go to Meherazad and the Meherazad family welcome us with same enthusiasm. Reached around 11 am, we had a tour of Meherazad, we also went up the hill as weather was pleasant. Afterwards we had our lunch severed at old Meherazad free dispensary building. After Lunch we all boarded the buses for Nagar Trust office, where Rama aunty, Mehernath Kalchuri and family with trust residents were waiting for us. We had a tour of AMB trust compound and Mehernath Kalchuri gave an insight talk on New Life and how to live Baba's New life which is ever eternal. Afterwards with Baba bhajans and songs cake was cut on the occasion of Rama aunty's birthday (Bhau Kalchuri's wife) and we all enjoyed the cinnamon cake with tea. In the evening after dinner Baba movie was shown at Theater A.
- MbYAS 2016 day 3Day 3 was one of the most important day. The morning session had a wonderful Padyatra from Kinetic Chowk to Mandali Hall. Walking along with drizzling and singing in Beloved Meher Baba's Love was a Divine experience. We are fortunate to do this Padyatra. Then after, we had lovely stories sharing by Jimmy Khan. The afternoon session included workshops and later Group Discussions. The Group Discussion was facilitated by Old Baba lovers. We are thankful to all our facilitators for their guidance and sharing. The evening session was the most awaited one - Quiz time. Every year we have a quiz session. Its not about wining and losing. Its all about knowing more and more about Baba.
- MbYAS 2016 day 4Day 4 was an eventful day : The service project day. The day to serve. In every Sahavas a variety of service projects are organized and this is one of the most important part of the Sahavas. By services projects the trust guide us and allow us to work for this sacred place. Each year we the sahavasees are blessed to offer some service at Meherabad. These service projects help us to learn how Meherabad is maintained by the trust . These projects are great way to understand how the trust works. How much dedicated and particular, the Meherabad family is, about the wellbeing of Meherabad. Remembering Dr Goher : Agust 3rd 2016 was Dr Goher 100th birthday, so Meherabad Family organised a get together at Theater A. Ted along with few sahavasees presented Amazing Grace song. Meher Musical Night : Musical extravaganza, an elaborate and spectacular event it was. It was a bliss to attend and listen.
- MbYAS 2016 day 5The fifth day was a busy day. We started with morning meetings, followed by humorous and wonderful speech by Rustom and Sorab Irani. They shared their chidlhood memories spent Beloved Meher Baba. Surely, each one of us had fun listening to their stories. Also they sang marvelous song taught to them by Mani Irani. Along with them, dara and Amrit Irani also joined us for lunch.The second half session was Group Discussion presentation prep work and at 4pm we had the presentation session. Each group presented their topic very creatively. It was very fruitful. We ended our day with preparation for Celebration Night.
- MbYAS 2016 Day 6Lets cherish the blissful time we had with our Beloved Meher Baba during MbYAS - 2016. As you all know, the entire event was captured in the form of pictures and videos and we are now ready to publish them after post processing. The first release of this year is Meher Sparkle - the night of Celebration where almost each of us had performed or played an important part in managing the programme. We are grateful to our Lord Almighty for giving us this beautiful opportunity to perform for Him. In all six days He has given much more to each of us and it was our time to entertain Him with music and dance and thank Him. So folks, get ready to have a photographic walk of Meher Sparkle !
- MBYAS 2016 Day 7Meher Baba’s New Life was the theme of this year’s Young Adult Sahavas at Meherabad. Baba-lovers from diverse backgrounds came together to learn and grow closer to Him, while also offering service and creative expression to the atmosphere of His Home. Of 128 participants, 70 percent were attending the Sahavas for the first time. While most were from India, there were also some attending from China. The Sahavasees attended talks and discussion groups focusing on Baba’s New Life, visited Meherazad and Khushru Quarters (AMB Trust Compound), and participated in a Padyatra (walking procession) for five kilometres from Kinetic Chowk, Ahmednagar to Meherabad. Honoring the foot journeys done by Baba and the Mandali during the New Life, the Padyatra was completed with great enthusiasm. The Sahavasees sang bhajans and “Meher Dhun” along the way, with Baba’s seven-colored flag fluttering in the breeze. Service projects included maintenance of historic buildings and the planting of eighty trees in lower Meherabad. There were various cultural workshops as well, including a wall painting in Hostel A in the Warli style, a beautiful folk art originating in Maharashtra. The painting depicted the Samadhi surrounded by 128 Sahavasees. Remembering Eruch in this year of his 100th birthday, the departing Baba-lovers took with them this message delivered by Eruch to the first group of Young Adult Sahavasees in 2001: “. . . let your Sahavas of the heart with Him stretch beyond Meherabad, beyond Meherazad, beyond all the limitations by keeping His company wherever you are and wherever He leads you. That is the Real Sahavas of heart and it is eternally accessible to all those who are determined to be His!”